
Grace Church is scouting locations for a new campus. To aid their effort we spent the day walking around Jersey City looking for meeting spaces that could hold 150-200 people on a Sunday. We had success in locating some schools and hotels that might be viable options. We knew going into the day that the rent prices would be shocking to us and we only discussed prices at one location, but one particular hotel offered us a space for $5,000 - that's $20k per month for four, one-hour Sunday services.
The Hoboken/Jersey City train station was surprisingly beautiful. I don't remember much of the train station, why, because I was frozen. Really frozen, my bones are still cold. The high today was 25.


For dinner we stumbled upon Bettola on Amsterdam. It was a quaint, candlelit Italian eatery that warmed us up with best homemade breads and pastas. I loved my spinach pasta with sausage and tomatoes and Drew cleaned his plate of fettucini bolognese. I think we'll go back someday.

It was a good day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment