Thursday, February 3, 2011

and some more paper!


My savvy friend Cara, and her NYC-savvy friend Jenn, introduced me to my newest love - Rifle Paper Company. I spent way too much time yesterday on the Rifle website, ogling over just about everything. I love the character note cards and the prints, but I really love the recipe card holder and recipe cards (Amy, if I could I would buy us each one and fill them with hundreds of cards!)

If they introduce wrapping paper I'm done for.

I discovered that the owners of Rifle are actually a married couple in Florida. They are profiled in the inaugural issue of Matchbook Magazine, a glorious new on-line magazine on which I blog about later. At this point you can purchase Rifle produce online and through Paper-Source and Anthropologie.   

Note Cards




Heirloom Recipe Card Box

Rifle's heirloom recipe card boxes are made by local craftsmen from locally (Florida) salvaged hardwood (trees that were destined for landfills). All of the boxes are unique and hand-crafted during a 3-month-long process (a month for the mill to source the salvaged wood, a month to build in the workman's studio, and a month for the hand-rubbed finish to dry). The lids are then screen printed with two different design options.
 
Each box is unique and is made from a variety of woods depending on availability. Rifle's primary woods are Sweet Gum, Magnolia Bay, and Laurel Oak.




Prints

8"x10" illustrated Hat Collection art print created from an original gouache painting by Anna Bond. Archival printed on natural white wove paper. Based on the art from Rifle's assorted hat card collection.

11"x14" illustrated art print created from an original gouache painting by Anna Bond. Features an illustration for each letter of the alphabet. Archival printed on natural white wove paper.

8"x10" illustrated art print created from an original illustration by Anna Bond. Each print is archival printed on natural white cover paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment