Monday, March 21, 2011

A "feed me" wish list

Refinery29, a New York City based blog that I stalk, posted some great information and photos about the newest, tasty, and cheap eats in the city - and they all come from food trucks. According to Refinery29, NYC's best food trucks are maned by second and third generation immigrants OR by some of the city's best chefs. Since I'm already daydreaming about our NYC trip in June, this is what looks good to me on this rainy, dreary March morning. This is my culinary wish list.

GO Burger offers burgers/dogs made of Angus beef or turkey and they have a veggie option. There seem to be true Go Burger restaurants in LA and New York and then there's the NYC food truck. 
Where: South Street Seaport, Fulton Street and South Street, Pier 17, NYC.
What I would get if I were there today: Kobe Dog (apple cole slaw, spicy German mustard, pickled jalapenos ((maybe)).

The Treats Truck is nicknamed "Sugar" and serves freshly baked cookies, brownies and goodies. Side note: Sugar the truck runs on Compressed Natural Gas.
Where: Locations change. Each day they announce via Twitter where they'll be parked.
What I would get if I were there today:  oatmeal chocolate chipper (a mere $1)

Taim Mobile offers a fully vegetarian menu.
Where: Locations change. Locations change. Each day they announce via Twitter where they'll be parked.
What I would get if I were there today: Falafel sandwich (green falafel, hummus, Israeli salad, pickled cabbage, tahini sauce) for $5.75.

This mobile bakery is called Sweetery NYC, and is known for serving delicious muffins and cookies.
Where: Locations change throughout the day. Throughout the day they announce via Twitter where they're parked.
What I would get if I were there today: Vanilla pastry cream-filled brioche.

Schnitzel & Things looks amazing.
Where: Locations change. They announce a weekly schedule via Twitter and for their blog.  
What I would get if I were there today: The platter, which is a schnitzel (pork, beef, chicken, or fish ?) cucumber salad and Yukon gold french fries.
Obviously I have not taken caloric devastation into consideration with this culinary wish list. Drew an I average 8-10 miles a day of walking when we're in NYC, therefore we could eat a SweeteryNYC muffin for breakfast, a Schnitzel & Things platter for lunch and have a snack from The Treat Truck and be a-ok. (right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment