Below is Drew's reaction to our new tree...
Emily: (Walks in the door awkwardly carrying a huge fake, white tree) Hi.
Drew: (Doing homework on the couch) Hi, WHAT is that?
Emily: It's a tree.
Drew: But what is it?
Emily: It's a tree.
Drew: But, but, why?
Emily: Because I like it, and it was free.
Drew: Where are you going to put it?
Emily: Not sure yet, it was free.
Drew: But what is it?
Emily: It's a tree, and it was free.
...and it went on and on...
So now I'm trying to decide what to do with my tree. I love it and I think it could really be neat in just the right spot. Drew isn't a huge fan of the tree, maybe it is because it sat in the living room for a little too long - poking us both in the eyes and confusing the heck out of the dog.
The tree is almost the height of our apartment's ceiling, but is only about an half-inch wide. It is made from some type of particle board so it's pretty flimsy and weighs less than the dog.
| The square base does make the tree a bit awkward to position, unfortunately it can't be flush with a wall. |
I really like these trees that I found on http://www.etsy.com/ and how they were used in these bedrooms. But these tree are basically huge stickers that adhere to your walls, I've got a three-dimensional tree.
![]() |


Cut off the base and screw it into the wall, just like those stickers you liked. You can always add a base again if you needed to someday.
ReplyDelete