| despair meeting boredom |
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
dickson street book shop | fayetteville, arkansas
This is Dickson Street Book Shop, one of Drew's admitted favorite places on earth. It is in Fayetteville, just down the street of the University of Arkansas campus. Dickson Street Book Shop opened in 1978 in a building that was formerly a laundromat. The shop smells like books, old books. The size and scope of the shop can't sufficiently be captured on iPhone photos, but it is sprawling and you could easily get lost in one of it many, many rooms. I'm not entirely sure that the Fayetteville fire marshal would "approve" of the shop's narrow hallways, books stacked up to, and in some cases, through the ceiling tiles, and the presence of only one door - in and out in one door, that's it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I laughed outloud. And then I showed everyone in the office so that they could laugh too.
ReplyDeleteNo Drew!! No more room for books!!
ReplyDelete