Friday, February 24, 2012

wedding bells in Arkansas

Mrs. Jan is hosting a bridal shower for some family friends next week. She asked if I'd send some cookie love her way and I said yes! The invitations, all 58 of them(!), are a "vintage peacock" theme. In effort to match the invitations I incorporate a lot of plum and turquoise into this batch of cookies. There were 64 cookies total! (ps: I am tried.)

Bridal gowns, each with a plum ribbon and sparkle bodice


Stamped peacock feathers. I wanted these to work I really did, but stamping cookies is tricky business. Out of 15 attempts, only 10 were successful and were sent to Arkansas. I think the concept is great, but I've decided that my stamp was too large and too intricate. I'm going to assume that "simple" is best when stamping cookies.
Hearts with plum disco dust. The disco dust really made these extra special. The ivory color was intended to match the base color of the invitations - the lesson learned with these is that ivory hued icing looks best on the dark, chocolate cookies.
(lacking a good photo) Three-tier cakes. These cakes turned out to be my favorite of the whole bunch. I really liked the plum and turquoise icing colors. I followed the suggestion of Sweet Sugar Belle and added a drop of ivory dye to make the icing look antiqued. It worked, I wish that I had done the same to the white icing on the peacock feather cookies.


I surrendered these little pretties over to UPS this morning, I'm hoping to hear they arrived without any breakage! 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful...love the 3-tiered cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Gorgeous! I also love the peacock feathers though - they look like you drew them by hand. (Jess)

    ReplyDelete