We wrapped the week up with a busy morning, which included a short trip to China Town (short because it smelled like fish and was dirtier than any neighborhood should really allowed to be - hello Mayor Bloomberg?), some light shopping and a little sight-seeing. We visited Drew's heaven on earth, the Strand bookstore, which boasts 18 miles of bookshelves. My heaven on earth was found at Papyrus paper store. It's no Kate's Paperie but it was still good enough to send me into a paper frenzy.

Exhibit A: Toxic slush at 7:45 am.

Toxic or not, the snow did make the city pretty and wonderland-ish.

Hey there urban-Drew, looking so urban and local while calmly waiting for an urban subway to take us to another cool spot of urban-ness.

The New York State Supreme Court - made famous by NY State District Attorney Jack McCoy (aka Sam Watterson) on "Law and Order." Drew was so excited - there was actually an audible giggle.


Drew walking the steps that were featured in so many L&O episodes. We could just see McCoy and Detectives Briscoe and Green.

The NYC district courthouse

While on the way back to claim our luggage and head to JFK airport we strolled by Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall and I spied . . .

. . . the midtown location of the Magnolia Bakery!

I totally redeemed myself from yesterday's failure. I wasn't thrown off my game by the piles and piles of delicious cookies, the dozen or so triple-layer cakes, the crowds of happy children or the endless trays of cupcakes. I walked right up to that counter and said "Hi, I'll have two vanilla cupcakes, one with chocolate frosting and one with vanilla." And then I was happy.

(For the record I saw no celebrities while in Magnolia Bakery but I could just sense that Ann Hathaway, Reese Witherspoon and Angelia Jolie had just been there.)

Drew killed his vanilla-chocolate before I could snap a photo but I savored every bite of my vanilla-vanilla. When I walked away, happy and content, I realized that I was just down the street from an Anthropologie.
One step at a time friends.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment