This weekend I broke out a new chocolate-sugar cookie recipe. I'll be in Lincoln, with the wee little Patrick and the not-so-wee, but still little Peter, on St. Patrick's day so I need to bring my game with regard to the cookies. I tried the Pioneer Woman's chocolate cookie recipe, and it was tasty. I have to say that the touch of cinnamon really did make the recipe extra special.
![]() |
| Pardon my fuzzy photos. The recipe was super simple, I actually had every ingredient in my kitchen - this is rare friends. |
![]() |
| I added - on my own accord - a tiny bit of espresso powder. Ina Garten says that coffee/espresso adds to the richness of a chocolate based recipe - do what Ina tells you to do. |
![]() |
| The cookies' edges stayed fairly "crisp," which makes me happy. I don't like it when the dough spreads, and you can no longer tell what the intended shape was. |


So in a couple of weeks I'll whip up a fresh batch of shamrocks for the wee Patrick and the not so wee, but still little Peter and jetset to Lincoln for a weekend of great fun.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



No comments:
Post a Comment