Friday, March 4, 2011

Wait...what?

Isn't she just lovely and perfect? And...wait for it...it's a Dooney and Bourke bag.

Dooney & Bourke Medium Bubble Cross-Body Bag
Refinery29, turned me on to this little darling. After falling completely in love with my sister's LeSportSac black cross-body bag, I've decided that I might always wear cross-body bags. (I'm tall, they just work for me.)

While admiring this bag, and it's lovely saddle color, I couldn't help but remember the summer of 1995 and my 13th birthday. That summer Mom and Dad took Amy and I to New York City. While in NYC we went to China Town and I bought my very own faux Dooney - it was hunter green and had a huge, I mean huge, mallard duck on it. It was awesome and I rocked that bag all summer. My Mom had a real Dooney, I think it was navy and she might have gotten it for Christmas from Dad, and it was so pretty.

Dooney's fell out of the trend shortly after, but they are back and this is one great bag. After living in Kentucky horse country for two years, I tend to like anything that looks like a horse-woman would wear it and I think this bag falls under "horse woman" approved wear.

(There are great matching wallets and a wristlet too)

The summer of 2011 is upon us, as is my 29th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment