This morning was a bit of a rough one. It started out with what might have been my first migraine. I carefully use that term because I get annoyed when people loosely throw the phrase "I have a migraine" around, but I was nauseous, light-sensitive and wanted to perform my own cranium-removal surgery. Does that qualify as a migraine? I treated myself with a cocktail of strong coffee and two extra-strength Excedrin. (Uppers, downers and candy corn, right!) After I started to regain consciousness IT happened, my toenail finally said 'bye bye Emily.' Sorry to be gross, but my toe injury from December had left me with a toenail that's been hanging on for dear life for the past four months. My toe finally lost it's battle this morning. I'll spare you a photo.
This is our completed booth, it is a result of about nine hours of work yesterday. Pretty impressive, especially when compared to the other schools and seminaries represented at this conference. Just for a frame of reference, the book you can see 'Words from the Fire' is about five feet tall.

In between sessions Drew and I snuck out for a fantastic dinner date. On the recommendation of some coworkers we went to The Chicago Firehouse. The restaurant is in an old Chicago firehouse, shocking I know. It is a very dark, mahogany covered, tin-ceiling tiled, homage to manliness and beef. I feel as though Al Capone ordered 'hits' while eating steak and lobster bisque in this uber-cool restaurant.
I'm done working at the conference here in a bit and I have big plans to abuse my hotel room's free cable! Drew gets to head to the Big Apple tomorrow for a church-planting conference. Please pray for his safe travel and for encouragement at the conference.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments:
Post a Comment