On Wednesday we had our church planting assessment. We spent the day with three assessors - two working for the North American Mission Board and a third church planter in New Brunswick, New Jersey. The interview/assessment started at 10 a.m. and concluded at 5 p.m. {whoa} The assessors directed about 95% of the questions toward Drew but I did get a few. Drew was asked about his leadership and entrepreneurial experiences, his spiritual life and call to ministry and his desires for future ministry. I was asked about my willingness to move to New York, about any expectations I have about being an urban-pastor's wife, and about any anxieties that I may have. We were pleased with how the assessment went - just totally exhausted at its conclusion. We really wanted to relax and decompress {and also honor my recent obsession with Cake Boss - the greatest reality show ever} so we traveled to Little Italy for true Italian food.
We landed at La Mela's on Mulberry Street. The employees appeared to all be related {mia familia!, just like Cake Boss} and they fought amongst themselves {just like Cake Boss}. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs {$16} and Drew ordered cheese ravioli {$14}. My meatballs were definitely baseball size and there was enough pasta for two people. I'm pretty sure the meat balls were a delicious lamb mixture but the red sauce was the best part, it was just tomatoes and olive oil, nothing too complicated. We stuffed ourselves silly then roamed through the Upper East Side.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Moving to pastor an urban church in New York that's probably exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time. I'll be praying for you both! (The food in your posts look oh so good!
ReplyDelete