Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Father's Day

A fun twist on the "ugly tie" for Father's Day. I tried a new recipe for these cookies, Sweet Sugarbelle's super delicious lemon poppy seed cutouts. I think they taste amazing, just the right combo of tart and sweet. PS: it is driving me crazy that I forgot the apostrophe on Father's Day. Forgive me.

Lemon Poppy Seed Cutouts
Ingredients:
1C. unsalted butter
1 ½ C. confectioner’s sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. lemon baker’s emulsion
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ¾-3 C. all purpose flour (I only used about 2 3/4 cups)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. poppy seeds

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream together butter and confectioner’s sugar. Add the egg and flavorings. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, adding this mixture one cupful at a time to the wet ingredients. Mix until the dough forms a ball on the paddle. Roll out on floured parchment paper and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes. (I found that a 9 minute bake-time was ideal)

No comments:

Post a Comment