Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Louisville favorites | part 3

Since January 2010, Drew and I have been fortunate to live in the Highlands, one of Louisville oldest - but old in a good way - neighborhoods. One of the best features of the Highlands is that it is a fully walkable neighborhood. Most evenings Drew and I walk through the neighborhood and end up at one of the many coffee shops on Bardstown Road. As you walk through the Highlands you pass all kinds of wonderful gardens, an occasional chicken (really) and lots of families walking their dogs.

This is Burger's Market - a Highlands treasure. This family owned grocery is about two-blocks away from us. I'd shop here exclusively if I could (it's a wee bit pricey), the people are friendly, Mr. Burger is usually working in the produce aisle, they have a butcher named Pete and it's just so charming. Even though it's not a large store by any means, I can usually count on them to have hard to find items, like San Marzano tomatoes, Drew's double-devon clotted cream (blech), Red River cereal, Mexican coke and the best jalapano chips ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment