Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh man, this is exciting

First of all, don't judge me. But today I bought all this....all of it







and yes, that is a denim shirt. I took a lot of flack from my fellow Bananas about my new denim shirt, but I love it and will wear it for years.

This massive purchase, all from BananaRepublic.com, was the most money I've spent at one time in years. I was blessed with some fun-money recently and I decided to celebrate my Banana retirement with some new, half-price, duds. The deal was even sweeter since they are all 'talls,' no short-pants or wrist-sleeves for me - these should fit properly.  

I feel I made some very practical decisions here...
1. the black trench coat, perhaps I'll be buried in this. I need to start channeling my inner Bergman/Bogart and Kate Middleton - even though Bergman/Bogart and Middleton sported khaki Burberry styles.



2. the causal jacket, mine is actually a chambray-ish material. I will now stop wearing my beloved Mountain Hardware fleece to work.


3. the black pant, light-weight wool that won't fade. 

4. the trouser jean, dark and dressy

5. the silk dress, for use at the following: Courtney's bridal luncheon, two summer weddings and our anniversary trip to NYC

6. the denim shirt, just because I loved it and I feel that the Pioneer Woman probably has something similar. Katie Holmes and Reese Witherspoon obviously approve.  

 
Here's to hoping it all fits!

1 comment: