Monday, April 11, 2011

Dear Mr. Postman

This morning I dropped a very precious package off at the postoffice. Patrick's box of birthday cookies are presently hurling through the air on a USPS jet, bundled up in five pounds of bubble wrap. Pleeaasee USPS don't fail me now, cookies look so much better when they're unbroken.


Some sharks for my little "shark bait" and a few life preservers.


This was my first time to use red icing - watch out, it bleeds.


I made some life preservers with bite marks, I think they turned out fairly well.


The life preservers where a borrowed idea from a popular website. I'm fairly happy with how they turned out, I made them with a Williams-Sonoma donut cutter which was totally worth the $7. The shark cutter was complements of my sister.


I learned a lot with this batch of cookies, especially about icing thickness, which really challenged me this time around. I hope you love them Patrick - my apologies for the pink wrapping tape!


(Mr. Postman this is a big responsibility!)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing! Thank you so much! He will squeal!!

    ReplyDelete